|Home ContactGet InvolvedAbout
|Agents Store Photos & VideosFrequent QuestionsRates & Specials|
For travelers on the Havana/Jardines Aggressor II Cuba Group Travel Program, you will spend 2 hotel nights at the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel in Havana, and will attend presentations with Cuban scientists and marine experts and visit the Fortress of El Morro and Habana Vieja before spending a week on the Jardines Aggressor II liveaboard. Seven days of the program will be spent on the Jardines Aggressor II exploring the spectacular Gardens of the Queen (Jardines de la Reina) National Park, located 60 miles off the southern coast. During the week, Cuban specialists will host discussions and presentations on the marine environment, conservation, and the importance of this magnificient ecosystem.
One of the presentations while in Havana will be conducted by world renowned expert, Dr. Julio A. Baisre.
Dr. Julio Baisre is a world renowned expert in the study of spiny lobster. Dr. Baisre graduated in 1968 from the University of Havana as a marine biologist. He completed his Ph.D. in Fisheries, “Fisheries Resources of the Cuban Archipelago: Ecological Background and Strategies for Management.” He was awarded the Carlos J. Finlay Order, Cuba’s highest scientific recognition, served as President of the Cuban Aquaculture Society and headed the multidisciplinary group which drafted the new Fisheries Law which was formally approved by the Cuban Council of State. He has been instrumental in the development, introduction and enforcement of many regulations in the Cuban fisheries sector including aquaculture development, species introduction and licensing systems.
Hotel Accommodations Parque Central Hotel, Havana
Travelers will enjoy staying at the elegant 5-star Iberostar Parque Central Hotel located in central Havana, Cuba Thursday and Friday nights. Known for its Spanish colonial-style architecture, which pulls in the rich culture of the streets, the IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is an excellent starting point for the Cuba Travel Program which is nestled in the heart of Havana. Travelers will admire beautiful city views from the charming French windows and doors of the hotel. The restaurant has some of the best international cuisine in Havana, but above all, the most impressive Cuban fare. The hotel is conveniently close to the José Martí International Airport and only 20 minutes away.
9 Nights Jardines Aggressor II - Havana/Gardens of the Queen includes:
- Airport transfer on Thursday from Havana José Martí International Airport to Iberostar Parque Central Hotel in downtown Havana between 10:45 am - 3:30 pm. There are normally two transfers during this time. Upon arrival please locate a representative from Cubatur wearing a yellow shirt who will assist with luggage and transfer to the hotel.
- 2 nights Dbl occupancy hotel (2 people to room) Iberostar Parque Central Hotel Havana on Thursday and Friday nights. Saturday transfer at 8:00 am from Iberostar Parque Central to Jucaro for boarding on the Jardines Aggressor II. Boarding is early afternoon.
- All meals and snacks, non alcoholic beverages, and local beer/wine.
- 5 1/2 days of diving and conservation program with marine experts.
- Disembarkation between 4 am - 5 am for transfer back to the Havana International Airport with a stop for lunch in Havana and continuation to the airport for an approximate arrival at 12:30 pm.